Not only the Hambach Forest is in danger, it seems to be one of the favorite hobbies in NRW, to cut old forests. Thus also the Buschbell forest near Frechen soon will have to give way to a (quartz sand) mine. To prevent this there is a petition to stop the destruction as a first step from BUND Rhein-Erft.
Quarzwerke destrois the Buschbell Forest to extract sand (© Ralf Gütz)
We too are calling for this petition to be signed and for the preservation of the forest in any other way possible!
This is how you can sign:
- Petition: https://www.regenwald.org/petitionen/960/wald-ist-wichtiger-als-sand-abholzen-stoppen?t=2372
- Send your support via e-mail, please with full address, to tanja.kessels[AT]web.de or tanja.kessels[AT]bund.net
- Please send a hand-written list with signatures to: Tanja Kessels, Baumschulenstrasse 30, D-50226 Frechen (Best make a copy/ scan beforehand and notify us!)
Other ideas to become active:
- eine Collection of manuals from Earth First!
- A Book with practical ideas
- A Collection of creative action ideas in German language.
More info on the Buschbell Forest:
More info on quartz sand (German TV).